We are seeking a skilled and experienced Mechanic to join our dynamic team! As a Mechanic with Arborscapes, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the proper maintenance and functionality of our equipment, contributing to the success of our tree care services.
If you are deeply passionate about mechanical maintenance and are in search of a fulfilling opportunity to practice your craft in an exciting environment, then you are an ideal candidate!
- Preventative maintenance on all fleet vehicles and equipment
- Troubleshooting and determining causes of operating problems
- Making necessary repairs, modifications, and upgrades to mechanical, electrical, and hydraulic systems for gasoline and diesel fueled equipment and vehicles
- Overseeing outside vendors and outsourced repairs
- Maintaining accurate records of maintenance and repairs, and schedules for PMs, inspections, and registrations
- Must have experience in diesel/gas engine, hydraulic, and electrical diagnosis and repair
- Must have working knowledge of hydraulic, mechanical, and electrical systems
- Must be capable of performing needed repairs and service
- Must be able to work in various environments and conditions including on job sites and road calls
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that ensures minimum down time of fleet vehicles and equipment
- Must be able to communicate and work with outside vendors
- Must have basic computer skills – enter data into Excel spread sheets, use Fleet Management software, research and order parts
- Must be self-motivated and able to work as a team as well as independently
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and manage time
- Must be reliable, dependable, and ethical
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record
- Must have or be able to obtain a Class A CDL within 90 days of employment
- Welding and fabrication skills are a plus
- Competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications
- Company service truck
- Retirement plan with company match
- Group health insurance
- Company-paid ST and LT disability and life insurance
- Voluntary dental and vision insurance
- Paid holidays and vacation time
Potential candidates must also pass a drug test, motor vehicle records check, and criminal background check.
Arborscapes is committed to providing a safe and inclusive work environment. We offer competitive compensation, opportunities for professional development, and a supportive team atmosphere. If you are a skilled mechanic with a passion for ensuring equipment reliability in the tree care industry, we invite you to apply. Join Arborscapes in our mission to provide top-notch tree care services in Central Virginia!
Visit our Careers page to apply to this position and learn more about our company values and employee benefits. Please contact Marvin Johnson with any questions at 804-379-4507 or via email at email@example.com.